Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Christmas Eve"

"Christmas Eve" watercolor (7 1/2" x 8")
NFS

It's Christmas Eve. All the food is prepped. The house is straitened up. All the presents are wrapped. My husband and I just finished watching a movie....he turns to me and asks "if you could do anything in the world, what would you like to do at this moment?". Because of the holidays its been a few days since I've held my paintbrushes, so I instantly respond "Paint". Graciously, he says with a motion"GO PAINT". Tears came to my eyes. Why the emotion? Because I love my husband. I love that he is the one person that "gets me" and is the one person that supports me un-relentlessly....never ceasing in loving me. Why the emotion? Because I really like to paint. I was crying....because I need both in my life and I am blessed to have both in my life. This painting was created through those tears and emotion.

Merry Christmas and may your blessings in the new year be as bountiful as mine have been this past year.