Monday, December 14, 2009

Tropical Oasis - sold!

"Down Oak Street" watercolor (12" x 9")
SOLD

So the other night I am driving down our street, and quite the vision appeared to me. Now, as most of you all know, I am not considered to be a "realism" painter...but today's painting is pretty true to life (as my daughter says...was there really that much purple?- well no, I used that color instead of black). You see, they often film in our neighborhood, and apparently they had set up for a scene..lites and all. It truly was a site to see...and I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes...they converted our little street into a night time tropical oasis! I love when God takes the ordinary and converts into the extraordinary...you just have to have your eyes open to it. Where's your "tropical oasis" going to be today?