Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Contemplation- SOLD!


"Contemplation" watercolor (7" x 5 1/2")
SOLD
What draws me to an image to paint (captured either by my camera or inspiration from some other photograph) is the untold story...those moments that normally may not have been seen. Then while painting, I try to "get inside"...what is this person feeling? what is this person's circumstances? what are the emotions at that time? This painting was a challenge....because all I could feel was my feelings, my circumstances, and my own emotions bubbling out of me....it was as if this gentleman was just there, quiet as can be...empty, if you will, while I was "all over the place". As the painting progressed, I actually quieted down, I became contemplative and very still...as if I could almost sit down next to him and not disturb his peacefulness. Perhaps you will have a moment like that today.