Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Joan's House - sold!

"Joan's House" watercolor (7" x 91/2")
SOLD

This is Joan's house, she is an absolutely wonderful woman that lives around the block from us. I like to think of her as the "neighborhood neighbor", she knows everyone and never fails to greet them with a smile and genuinely ask"how are you doing?". I think the world would be a better place if every neighborhood had a "Joan". I did this painting of her house a few weeks back when her Ginkgo Tree was in full bloom. The sunlight coming through the bright yellow leaves was magnificent, I just had to try and capture it! (That and her little gnome that sits on the ledge of the front porch) :)

Oh! Yesterday I held the drawing for the next 50th comment on the post.....and the winner is......"Karen Mc" !!! She has chosen "Down Oak Street" posted on December 14th Tropical Oasis as her FREE original Julie Hill Watercolor Painting!!! Congratulations Karen!!