Saturday, January 2, 2010

San Rafael Ave Bridge

"San Rafael Avenue Bridge, Pasadena"
PAINTING OF THE MONTH
(18" x 24")
$900

I love painting bridges (I think I have mentioned this in an earlier post). I believe this is because compositions with bridges have the mixture of architectural elements and landscapes, with the challenge of perspective. And yes, the perspective on this image was challenging: to find and draw what is accurate, yet step back and say "but does it look right?". I think this is something we can all do, both inside the artist arena and outside in "real life"....step back and ask yourself "yes it is as it should be, but does it look right?".

P.S. few side notes:

-I just finished updating and reconstructing my website, I invite you to visit it at JHillpaintings.com

-Once a month on my website, I post a newly finished large-scale piece ("Painting of the Month"). If you are interested and would like to be included in the email notification - subscribe at paintingofthemonth@jhillpaintings.com.