Friday, January 22, 2010

Waiting it Out

"Cutie Pie" watercolor ( 12" x 9")
available

Ah...I have found myself at a loss of "blog convo" so I will do what one normally does in those awkward social situations of not knowing what to talk about....talk about the weather! Well, here on the West Coast of Southern California....I think we are all contemplating on building our Arks. It truly has not stopped raining since last week. And we are not talking that lovely pitter-patter of rain...we are talking downpours, hail, thunder, lightning, even a twister or two! We have almost come to a stand still. Personally, in my artist world, plein aire events have been canceled, colleagues and friends can't make it to art meetings, and the big one,...I haven't been able to take photos of my daily paintings, as I use the old fashioned way....the outdoor natural sunlight at high noon. So hmphh, I sit and wait it out. You may say...look at all that time you get painting...well, frustrating enough, it seems that my creative side has taken a hiatus and would rather sit by the fire, listen to the down pour outside, and sip warm apple cider. I am thinking God is trying to tell me something, so I guess I will sit and wait it out.