Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where's My Horse?

"Where's My Horse?" watercolor (4" x 7 1/2")
available

I was driving down a street one day as I always do, and saw this scene....and as usual fumbled for the camera, stopped traffic, rolled down the window, embarrassed our daughter..."clicked" and sped away (Ah, the satisfaction of having another inspiration to pull from). Here's this cowboy, sitting at the bus stop, staring at a bike (is it his? I do not know?).....but all I can imagine, by his demeanor and expression while gazing at the bicycle....is that he is thinking "What happened to my horse...that is how I am supposed to get around...How did I get here?" I wonder if we all feel that way at some point in our life? But there is something about this gentleman that is admirable....he is still true to himself, he hasn't lost his identity....he is still the cowboy....now just with alternate means of transportation.