Monday, February 1, 2010

Just Waiting to Come Out -SOLD!

"Cabin by the River" watercolor (51/2" x 8 1/2")
SOLD

Hmmmm...a blank screen in front of me...and no, I am not in a glitch as I can clearly see the cursor blinking at me....very subtly telling me...."I am waiting for your command...you just need to write". This morning, I am supposed to be writing about today's painting. And after some annoying time passes of that cursor ever so politely reminding me, I think to myself, curious how this never happens with a paintbrush in hand...there is always something in there ready to come out...even if its just a little "cabin by the river".....hmmm, therein lies the truth... painting is my thing, writing is not. God has gifted each of us uniquely, some gifts are obvious whereas some need discovering. I didn't discover God's gift to me till I was 38 years old ( that's just under 5 years ago)...before that, I had never held a paintbrush in my hand, was never in the creative world, nor even interested in art... I am so thankful that God didn't give up on me. Today, may you reflect on what your gift may be, and if it isn't obvious to you, that you find the grace and strength to discover it....it's there just waiting to come out.