Thursday, May 6, 2010

Morning Light at Pasadena City Hall

"Morning Light at Pasadena City Hall"
watercolor (22" x 30")
$1,200
PAINTING OF THE MONTH

There's nothing like scouting around with camera in hand...to capture that perfect image to paint.  Mornings and dusk are the best time...light diffusing in and long shadows cast.  I remember when I took this photo, it was early, the courtyard was quiet, the fountain splashing, and the shadows cool. I remember thinking to myself, as I started to see the 9-to-5er's reporting to work,....this wouldn't be a bad place to work at.

Thanks to all who came to the Sierra Madre Art Fair last weekend, it was great to see familiar faces and meet new friends.  I had so much fun that I have decided to do the Montrose Art Walk this Saturday (May 8th) 9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.  It will be located on Honolulu Avenue in Montrose, Ca 91020. (exit off the 210 freeway on Oceanview Blvd south). Hope to see you there!