Friday, May 21, 2010

Projection?

"Do I Have to Go Up There?"
watercolor  (14" x 6")
 
I was driving through downtown the other day...and managed to capture this moment.  It really struck me...as if I could totally understand what this woman was thinking.  "Do I really have to climb these stairs all the way up there?"  Ever have one of those days, where everything is a climb?...Perhaps I was having one of those days and thus could relate, or maybe simply she was on the other side of the spectrum - actually getting a good workout by jogging the stairs and taking a well deserved breather.  In which case, I was merely projecting my own fatigue onto the scenario....hmmm, I wonder if I do that a lot...project my own feelings in interpreting the moments?


So are you on Facebook? If so, and you like a particular painting or posting...check out the "like" button on top..and hit it!