Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Still-Life a la Julie Hill -SOLD!

"Little Moment #13"
watercolor, 6" x 6"
Painting on Arches paper mounted on archival museum board,
UV and archival varnish coated. Display easel included.
SOLD

Julie- "Kelley, I am really not at all inspired to paint much today....really struggling"
Kelley- "Girlfriend, what's your favorite fruit?"

Julie- "Kelley....we are talking painting here, not eating"

Kelley- "I know, I know, just listen...I love the way you splatter the paint...just go to the kitchen, slice an orange and paint it"

Julie- "Wait a minute, are you telling me to do a still-life?....I don't DO still-lifes...you know that?

Kelley- "Just go and try it"
Julie- "OK"
So what does Julie do.....and this is just between us....I go to the computer (not the refrigerator), pull up an old photo I have, print it up in black and white, and paint away.

Kelley, you know I don't DO still-lifes....love ya girlfriend...but you did get me out of my painting slump! so thanks again!

P.S. If I actually got to the refrigerator and pulled out the bowl of cherries...and proceeded to eat them while painting these cherries...does that count for a "bit of a still-life"?