Monday, August 9, 2010

Cebollas y Ajo de México

"Cebollas y Ajo de México"
watercolor (7" x 10")
available

As artists, we all strive for moments like these...the "break through"s, the "aha!"s, the "oh, I can do this!" Well, while on vacation in Mexico last week, I was fortunate enough to have one of those moments.  If you have been following my blog, you all know I "don't do" still-lifes. Well, it's official...I have embraced the still-lifes (and not the a-la-Julie kind from a black and white photo)...but sitting there, with the light just right, and painting on the spot.  It all started with my daily painting down in Mexico...it was too hot and dry to paint Plein Air, and I brought only a limited amount of supplies and inspirational material.  And well, there are only so many times you can paint the view from the balcony (that painting will come on next posting)...so I pulled out the fresh veggies and fruits...and painted away. It was fun...a different approach...a different result...a new place for me to be in as an artist.  I like when God does that...when He shows me that, regardless of my circumstances, there really is no limit...