Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Because of My Fear

"Little Moment #24"
watercolor, 6" x 6"
Painting on Arches paper mounted on archival museum board,
UV and archival varnish coated. Display easel included.
$150
If you have been following my blog, you know I love to hike...and recently I had a scare with a huge rattlesnake (yes, I did say I wouldn't bring it up again...sorry).  Well, the other day I actually went back to that same place...I confronted my fears...I actually didn't realize how my fear was effecting me.  I realized that I have been avoiding my favorite walk, rambling by the river, missing out on my restorative mornings. Made me think, how our fears truly effect us.  Because of an event that occurred in the past,  I chose to miss out on something that means so much to me, something that restores my soul, something that grounds me, something that brings beauty and peace to my day. What else am I missing out on because of my fear?