Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ripped off Summer? -SOLD!

"Little Moment #22"
watercolor (6" x 6")
Painting on Arches paper mounted on archival museum board,
UV and archival varnish coated. Display easel included. 
SOLD
  Fall is officially here (well as much as we Southern Californians get a "Fall").  It is cool in the mornings and crisp in the evenings...days are shorter...and its cold and rainy here today, with some trees actually turning colors.  But I feel like we got the short end of a weather stick...we only had two weeks of a "real summer"....one in the beginning and one just last week.  Other than that, it was kinda like an extended Spring. I know a lot of people are in delight with this...but it has made me think, that I got cheated (I love summer, the heat, the long days, the heat...did I mention I love the heat...). And I know that if I didn't know any better I would be gloriously content with the weather of late (like most people)...but NO...because I expected a hot summer, and didn't get one...I actually feel disappointed and ripped off. Crazy, huh?  Makes me think how my perspective and attitude of expectation affects other areas of my life?