Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Little Particular

"Outstanding Orchids"
watercolor (6" x 9")


I love flowers...I love pretty much all flowers.
My preference for a particular flower varies with the situation...or need.
I love the smell of tuber-roses. 
I am not fond of carnations.
I love monochromatic arrangements, sometimes.
I am not fond of the preaaranged store bought mixed bougets (control issue coming out). 
I love to arrange huge displays of flowers for events.
I am not fond of changing the water in the vases.
I love getting flowers from my husband.
I am not fond on receiving roses.
I love all flowers in the garden, except
I am not fond of marigolds (unless they are right next to a deep purple salvia or lavendar)
hmm...a little particular about my flowers you'd say.....but I haven't met an orchid I didn't like or love.