Monday, January 31, 2011

California Dreamin' - my version

"California Dreamin' - my version" (Little 'Scape #29)
watercolor (7" x 5")
Painting on Arches paper mounted on archival museum board,
UV and archival varnish coated. Display easel included.
$150

Well when your friend steals a photo from you and paints a fantastic painting...and then challenges you to do the same....what is an artist to do? Kelley Sanford, is my friend, is the one who challenged me...but is also the thief.  To her defense she didn't out right steal the photo....she well, let me explain.  I often take photos out while driving around town (this one is on the way to my daughter's school) and then I email them to myself (from the phone).  Well, I inadvertently sent the photo to Kelley.....I said "ignore it", she said "I am snagging it"....I said "go for it". We artists have got to stick together when it comes to inspiration.  Check out her fantastic painting she titled "California Dreamin'".