Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bringing in the Crab Pot

"Bringing in the Crab Pot"
watercolor (9" x 12")


I have been very busy painting away for my next gallery show.....which is coming up fast, June 2!
Always intriguing to me, the artistic process that goes into a show. 
I start out with a theme, a series if you will, and then paint away...exploring all the while....pushing and pulling.
About 3/4 of the way through I sit back and look at what I have so far.
I evaluate the themes that are transpiring...the feeling of the paintings...and places where I would like to expand.
It is at this point I also see the "holes" and/or the "misfits".
This process, gives me the juice to plow on...with a new breath, expanding a direction and eliminating another.
Today's piece "Bringing in the Crab Pot"...is a misfit...ah well!

Interested in the "misfit"? email me, it is available now.