Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Barnscape 12

Barnscape 12
watercolor (7" x 10")
email me if you are interested in this little gem

The reviews are in...the online course is a great success!

This is a super learning experience! - CS (10/2015)

I love this course!  It disciplines me to paint every week-usually I make several attempts at the assignment.  The feedback from Julie is spot-on and her paint-overs show me how a pro would improve my work. I know I have so far to go, but Julie is very encouraging-she takes me right where I am and helps me move forward.  There's no competition or comparison. Each lesson has clear focus and challenges me to learn more about the subject-and try to put it into practice.  Last week's lesson on color was very challenging for me and my initial attempt was terrible.  My first response was that I was too embarrassed to send it in-maybe I could just tell Julie I was too busy to do the assignment!  But over the weekend I tried again and the result was much better! I'm loving this adventure!  Thank you, Julie! - TM (10/2015)

"After taking private lessons with Julie for over two years, I thought my lessons would have to be infrequent since her recent move. When she offered the on-line class I felt it would be the perfect fit for me. I've found that I can truly see where I get stuck when Julie returns her suggestions for a more balanced painting. She also includes my painting along side a copy with the added touches. I can tell right away my areas of challenge. I've discovered as well that instead of being lead, I now listen and apply what she has already taught me, letting the painting talk to me. Having an assignment to turn in each week keeps me from making excuses why I can't paint, as well. I highly recommend giving it a try"- JT (10/2015)

"I'm really enjoying this online course as it fits my personality. I feel more relaxed being able to work in my home at my own pace. It's like having a private lesson. The course content is well organized and clearly presented. I really like having the info outlined and in front of me. Even though I've heard and seen some of this information before in other classes, the way it is broken down with examples is easy to follow and very informative. The feedback critique is helpful because it addresses the students specific areas and Julie does a paint over to show how to improve the painting. Looking forward to the next session" -ML (10/2015)


 

 

The perfect solution to our imperfect distance...
Online Watercolor Class
next 5 weeks starting October 19th, 2015


Enrolled students will have weekly assignments,
and will receive written and visual feed back on each painting assignment.



Lesson topics to be covered will include: 


Composition
Value
New techniques
perspective
color usage


If you are interested, please email me,
I will send you an email back
giving you course description, format and registration info. 

Wouldn't it be fun to paint together, at least virtually!